We're looking for a capable, committed Maintenance Technician who will plan an important role in keeping our hotel functioning to the high quality standards of the Pyramid Hotel Group.
The Maintenance Technician will:
- meet service quality standards that affect guest satisfaction;
- respond to guest questions or problems in a timely professional manner
- perform general repairs and assigned maintenance duties in a satisfactory and timely manner
- respond to complaints or problems from guests or other departments in a timely manner
- be responsible for maintaining the upkeep, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs
To quality, you must have previous engineering experience.
You will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will warmly and enthusiastically greet arriving guests and assist them with check in/out to ensure they are comfortable and feel welcome while also providing information. You will promote hotel services and amenities to the guests.
The Front Desk Agent shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. They will be responsible for exemplifying the La Cantera Resort and Spa Culture as the Employer of Choice!
BASIC FUNCTION: The Production Assistant (Administrative Assistant/Coordinator) is responsible for greeting and welcoming guests and employees to the facility. The Production Assistant is also responsible for assisting guests with special requests, maintaining the upkeep and appearance of the lobby space, notifying appropriate team members of service requirements, retrieving guests from other levels of the facility, and providing information for activities, venues, and attractions in the City of Chicago. This position will be the “face” of the administrative office level. The role provides administrative support to the Conference Services team and multiple business units under the Whirlpool Corporation umbrella.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must be Proficient in Google Suite
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and organized workspace
- Must familiarize facility to answer inquiries about services, events, and directions
- Must act in a professional, polite, and thoughtful manner in accordance with the standards
- Experience favorable in maintaining business office supply inventory
- Must be willing to work Mon-Fri
- Must be in process or have completed the vaccine process for COVID-19 by time of job offer and be willing to stay fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated means completing all doses of COVID-19 vaccine including any future booster requirements per schedule requirement of the CDC).
- Create a positive and memorable experience to guest
- greet each guest with a smile, a warm welcome, and thoughtful farewell.
- Ensure the seamless execution of the Arrival and Departure processes.
- Retrieve coats and/or luggage with meeting engineer upon guest arrival or departure as needed
- Send and receive employee packages and conference materials
- Maintain business office supply inventory
- Facilitates guest access through security as needed, providing security with guest lists
- Greeting guests and escorting guests through facility and/or to off-site vehicle transfers
- Fields phone calls to appropriate individuals from main phone line
- Anticipate guest needs and execute tasks thoroughly.
- Accommodate all guest requests expediently and graciously.
- Obtain beverages for guests upon request
- Resourcefully and creatively solve issues to avoid missed guest opportunities
- Report any Housekeeping or Engineering issues to the correct department immediately
- Act as a liaison between guests and other departments of The World of Whirlpool.
- Print out any documents, directions, or tickets as requested by guests
- Light tidying and cleaning of the front desk area
- Occasionally assist in house client with tasks and projects
- Must embody a passion and enthusiasm for helping others,
- Willing to be collaborative in a team environment
- Must have the ability to listen and communication well
- Someone with the demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive information required
- Requires strong attention to detail, while multi-tasking and delivering work on time
- Leadership desired ability to build trusting working relationships
- Someone proficient with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft programs required
We are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Finance to join our executive team. This role presents a unique opportunity to lead and oversee all aspects of the Finance/Accounting Department while actively contributing to the day-to-day operations of the hotel.
As the Director of Finance, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the financial health and success of our establishment. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively managing and communicating cash flow related issues to management and ownership.
- Coordinating the completion of forecasts and budgets in collaboration with the Executive Team and department managers.
- Analyzing financial data and operations to provide strategic advice to management for achieving the hotel's financial objectives.
- Ensuring timely reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Establishing and auditing internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, credit extension, inventories, assets, master keys, payroll, and records.
- Directing the preparation of financial reports according to company requirements and deadlines.
- Ensuring the hotel's compliance with regulatory licenses, permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and operational taxes.
As our Van Driver, you will be responsible for luggage assistance and shuttle service for all guests while providing guests with personalized service, special comforts and acts of kindness that make the traveler feel human again.you will be responsible for transporting guests to and from the local airport and occasionally complete runs to local attractions. Must be friendly and will assist front desk agents as needed.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the general oversight of the accounting office, adhering to the company’s Internal Control Standards and objectives. The Accounting Manager will assist the Director of Finance in preparing the timely and accurate financial reports, according to the guidelines of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the company policies and procedures. Coordinate the preparation and completion of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring a high level of accuracy and integrity. Specific accounting functions for oversight include those of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Processing, General Cashier, Night Audit, and Income Audit.
- Ensures daily revenue upload is posted into the back-office accounting software system, reviewingPMS/POS reports and adjustments for correctness; verify ledgers are balanced and credit cards were transmitted.
- Completion of the Daily Revenue report out of back-office software in a timely manner and distributed to the management team; communicate with managers regarding any questions or concerns.
- To handle all accounting responsibilities for payroll processing, to include, but not limited to, review of time punch errors, prior pay period adjustments, garnishment processing, verification of payroll direct deposits issued, pay period journal entries and month end accruals.
- Assist with month-end and year-end processes, completing journal entries, maintaining the monthly closing schedule and assisting staff with any assigned journal entries while keeping in compliance with the deadline for completion as set by the corporate office. Assist with the monthly Bank Statement Reconciliations for the three main operating accounts and compile, review, and complete the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations to be reviewed by Director of Finance.
- Prepare tax and informational returns as assigned, including 8027 returns, personal property tax returns, and monthly sales & occupancy tax returns.
- Coach and engage with accounting staff, offer assistance with any accounting issues, maintain cross-training schedule, review with staff any daily/weekly resort committee meetings and special events, ensuring departmental participation as needed.
- Back-up for Accounts Receivable, General Cashier and Accounts Payable when needed during staff PTO and absences.
- Coordinate training programs for new staff.
- Update and renew any required licenses or permits for resort, including liquor license, retail wine license, music licenses, vehicle & boat registrations, and outfitter and guide license.
- Assist with preparing schedules and information required by external auditors.
- Assist with any guest calls and chargeback inquiries as necessary.
- As a leader, participate in resort and department employee activities, for example, Culture Committee employee activities, fundraisers, and community events.
- Assist with the analysis and review of any procedures in the resort that might require adjustments in order to maximize revenue or minimize write-offs; for example, coordinate with Front Desk Manager & Marketing Director on testing of new room packages.
- Update Skills Training Outlines/Standard Operating Procedures and checklists when needed.
- Maintain filing of monthly Journal Entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Ensure timely rotation of records and proper record retention.
- Special projects as assigned by Director of Finance.
We are looking for a highly motivated individuals to join our Front Desk team. The ideal candidate uses their engaging personality to create a memorable first impression for our guests. While checking in, registering guests, the Front Desk Agent is a source of knowledge for the guest for everything about the hotel, its amenities, and the local area.
If you enjoy engaging with people from all over the world and making meaningful connections, as well as taking steps to “WOW” people, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow a career in hospitality with a world-class property.
- Help guests discover their “Wanderlust” experience
- Provide exceptional customer service by being engaging and taking sincere interest
- Check guests in, ensuring proper credit is received, special requests are noted and fulfilled, and accurate information is established.
- Help to resolve problems and “WOW” guests through recovery when things aren’t quite right
- Promote and sell special hotel programs.
- Interact with hotel/resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and policies.
- Maintain house bank.
- Communicate all pertinent information to manager on duty.
- Follow set procedures on posting, charges, cashing checks, safe deposits, and refunds.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Starting Hourly Rate: $19.00
Entry Level Position: Trainable
The Accounts Receivable Agent will ensure posting of receivable charges and payments to the correct ledger accounts in a timely and accurate manner. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will also respond to all customer-billing inquiries in a timely and courteous manner. Review all final statements with sales contracts for accuracy. Assist credit department in resolving outstanding balances gathering the appropriate backup needed.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time
- Team Member Referral Program
- Hotel Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Director of Finance to join our team on a temporary on-call basis. As a Director of Finance, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the financial operations of our hotels, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and strategic financial planning.
As the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for providing financial leadership and guidance to the hotel's management team. You will oversee all aspects of the Finance and Accounting Department, working closely with the Executive Team and department managers to ensure the financial success of the hotel. This position involves travel and temporary assignments at various hotels for periods ranging from 3 weeks to 5 months.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues to management and ownership.
- Coordinate the completion of forecasts and budgets with the participation of the Executive Team and department managers.
- Analyze financial data and operations to advise management on maintaining financial objectives.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Establish and audit internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling, payroll, and records.
- Prepare financial reports according to company requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory licenses, permits, contracts, and operational taxes.
We're looking for an individual with a great Yes I Can" caring attitude to join our restaurant team as a full-time Server.
This individual must ensure guest satisfaction in the dining room area (and throughout the hotel) by serving the guests and maintaining cleanliness at all times in accordance to company policies.
Under general supervision, assists in the Cleaning and sanitation of the rooms, keep the cleanliness levels to maintain the facility in a functional and attractive state for prospective guests.
- Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs, requests related to housekeeping duties and problems as they arise
- Always greet all guests with a smile and maintain a positive attitude
- Clean and arrange guestroom to hotel standards
- Restock guestroom supplies as needed
- Ensure proper use of equipment tools and chemicals related to the housekeeping duties
- Keep tools neat and clean including vacuum, housekeeping cart, spray bottles, etc.
- To ensure the safety of the property immediately report any suspicious activity or malfunction of any of the equipment used by guest and workers
- Complete assigned duties within assigned timeframe and perform other duties as assigned
Banquet Houseperson is responsible for the accurate set up of all guest functions in our meeting rooms and ballrooms. The Houseperson must be detail oriented & have great customer service skills, working with both guests and co-workers alike.
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms.
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Maintain an established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms always stay presentable.
- Anticipate equipment needs from event orders and count same.
- Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the work.
- Mandatory attendance for monthly departmental meetings.
- Practice Teamwork" and "Clean as you Go" policies.
Part Time employees are eligible for hotel discounts at both Pyramid managed and Marriott properties. Part time employees are eligible to participate in Pyramids 401k after 90 days of employment.
We are looking for a highly motivated, customer focused Host to join our team! The Host is key to a successful operation. This individual is responsible for greeting each guest as they arrive to the restaurant. They will also support the service team with delivering memorable hospitality to our guests. As a Host, it is your responsibility to set the tone for the guests visit, you are the first and last contact they have. This individual will need to be quick on your feet and have an engaging attitude.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in Restaurants! If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property!
- Greet guests as they arrive or move about the restaurant area
- Monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables
- Estimating wait times for guests and monitoring the guest waiting list
- Ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting.
- Answering the telephone, booking reservations and moving tables together to accommodate large parties.
The Banquet Lead Houseperson will ensure proper training and supervision of all personnel, to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with La Cantera Resort & Spa Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures. To ensure the function room is set according to guest expectation and La Cantera Resort & Spa Standards. To set up, tear down, and clean all space associated with banquets and conventions.
The Banquet Lead Houseperson shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. They will be responsible for exemplifying the La Cantera Resort and Spa Culture as the Employer of Choice!
We are looking for a highly motivated individuals to join our Guest Services team as a Bell Attendant/ Valet. The ideal candidate uses their engaging personality to create a memorable first impression for our guests as they arrive for the first time and throughout their stay. In offering a warm welcome to our hotel/resort, the Bell Attendant assists with the unloading of guest’s luggage, valet park their vehicle, and provides a source of knowledge for the guest for everything about the hotel, its amenities, and the local area as they assist the guest to their room.
If you are a person who enjoys engaging with people from all over the world and making meaningful connections, as well as taking steps to “WOW” people, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow a career in hospitality with a world-class property.
- Help guests discover their “Wanderlust” experience
- Provide exceptional customer service by being engaging and taking sincere interest
- Interacts with all guests. The bell person/ guest services attendant will welcome each guest to our hotel.
- If guests are arriving by motor vehicle, you will open their door as you welcome them to the resort/hotel
- You will be escorting and orienting the guest to the front desk for check-in.
- Upon check-in, you will escort the guests and their luggage to their room. As you do so, you will be explaining our amenities and fun facts they should know about our hotel.
- You will be working together with other attendants to ensure each guest has a personalized experience and will “dive" to open the door for all guests.
- Assist lobby attendant in keeping entrance area clean and organized
- "Be the difference" with all guest and employees and do more than just “the norm".
Manor Vail Lodge is one of Vail's original and iconic properties. With studio, one, two and three-bedroom condominiums plus luxury penthouses, Manor Vail Lodge is a full-service condominium property that features all the amenities of a full-service hotel, including two outdoor heated swimming pools, four hot tubs, spa, fitness center, The Fitz Bar and new restaurant, Ridge + River. Located steps from Vail Village, Golden Peak ski area, Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, and the Ford Amphitheater, Manor Vail Lodge is the complete package for Vail lodging.
The Cook prepares and cooks meals for guests of the restaurant and/or banquet functions.
-Benefits available: Retirement Benefits with a company match program, Colorado sick time and public emergency leave, Discount Room Nights at Benchmark properties and Parking.
-Earn between $20-$27/hr and Typical shifts are between 1pm-10pm
We are looking for someone passionate about the culinary arts to join our Culinary team. This individual must be creative, motivated, and passionate about growing their talents in the kitchen!
Successful candidates for this role will have previous experience working in a professional kitchen environment, with a strong desire to learn, to develop skills and work with the culinary leadership team to create menus which reflect seasonal availability and concept of the restaurant.
The Cooks assists the culinary leadership team in production and fabrication of food products for kitchen preparation, cafeteria, banquet cooking, dining room, and fine dining.
If you have a passion for the Culinary arts and are looking to join a team where you can develop your skills and grow a career, then we want you!
- You will develop your knowledge and skills in various cooking procedures and methods (grill, sauté and fry)
- You will have the opportunity to experience using knives and various kitchen equipment
- You will read and recreate recipes
- You will be consistent on all food preparation
- You will learn how to minimize food waste through cross utilization
- You will have the opportunity to work with a world class culinary team
- You will create workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- You will prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat)
- You will keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- You will ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- You will be responsible for the quality of ingredients
The Door Ambassador is responsible for giving personal assistance to guests and visitors and is the first step in the overall check-in process. The Door Ambassador greets every new guest and assists with luggage and offers parking needs, and also help in access to transportation, hailing cabs, etc.
As a front-line representative of the Hotel, the Door Ambassador contributes to the creation of a positive impression of the hotel by exhibiting excellent drive service to all guests and performs duties in a professional and courteous manner.
The Door Ambassador will:
- Contribute to teamwork and harmonious working relationships with co-workers within the hotel to help ensure the highest quality of customer service.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Remain calm and attentive, especially during heavy hotel activity, emergencies and from driving in the local community.
- Ensure that vehicle and guest movement is flowing in safe and efficient manner at all times including drive is running smoothly and the valet ramp is being used to maximize the benefit for all guests of the hotel.
- Provide excellent service to all customers, striving to exceed their expectation, to ensure continuous improvement of the Hotel’s customer focused environment. Exemplify excellent customer service toward guests, visitors and coworkers. Show courtesy, compassion, and respect. Communicate with all guests in a positive and professional manner. Contribute to teamwork and harmonious working relationships.
- Be responsible for overall cleanliness of the front drive, and cleaning any areas that need attention.
- Respond to work station on time, with essential equipment to perform duties.
- Provide courteous, expedient and quality valet services, while observing safety regulations.
- Assist customers with luggage and information as needed.
- Greet incoming guests in a polite and professional manner, assisting by opening vehicle doors.
- Ensure that all transactions (tickets) are turned in daily.
- Report unauthorized vehicles, accidents or anything unusual to proper management.
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding and explaining all parking policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of parking policies by accurately answering customers’ questions.
- Abide by the company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the company’s customer service standards and their relationship to each job functions within the parking operations.
- Responsible for contributing to the overall facility appearance.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for guests, visitors and employees by reporting any hazards or unsafe conditions.
- Immediately report observed housekeeping or maintenance issues.
- Report any extraordinary/unusual activities to management.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotels from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotels rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Clean and polish carts and other equipment used in the department.
- Answer the Valet phone and provide information as needed.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor.
The Vice President, Sales & Marketing will drive business strategies that deliver market-leading performance for Hawks Cay Resort, part of Pyramid’s Luxury & Lifestyle division.
The core functions of this role are to lead the development of commercial strategies that influence cross-functional teams (Sales, Revenue, Marketing) to drive the execution of strategies to achieve commercial performance objectives across all business segments to achieve revenue and market share performance against established goals.
This person will develop and lead the resort’s commercial and business objectives, ensuring sales, marketing, revenue, and catering teams have the right strategies and tools to achieve performance targets.
Through their leadership, this person will ensure clear expectations are established and communicated relative to performance targets, opportunity gaps, and strategic plan progress.
Develops annual performance targets for the resort.
Build short, medium & long-term plans to deliver sustained revenue penetration and market share performance.
Engage and partner with Regional Vice President of Sales & Marketing to provide a single point of commercial performance accountability to drive commercial strategies for the resort.
Maintains a deep understanding of current industry trends and potential risks, actively crafting strategies to react to market conditions, and develops strategies to shift market share.
Positively interacts with property ownership to ensure alignment with goals and objectives
- Drive the strategic focus on creation and distribution of exceptional marketing campaigns
- Drive the online advertising strategy utilizing strategic partners to achieve growth in website traffic, bookings and conversion
- Drives digital channel direction through data analysis to deliver ROI
- Drives the creation of on-property promotions and programming while working with applicable departments to implement
- Drives social media strategy to generate online following, including identifying power bloggers, creation and maintenance of a blog editorial calendar, and growth of all Facebook, Instagram and future social media accounts
- Drives the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of content for all content management systems (CMS): website, mobile app, in-room TV, public space display monitors, digital signage and related content.
- Work closely with the Public Relations team to coordinate PR related to special events
- Develop and drive the marketing plan
- Stays abreast of industry trends that the hotel can capitalize on
- Execute sales activities to achieve budgeted goals
- Develop and implement all sales and marketing strategies associated with the Consortia, Wholesale, Leisure and Business Travel Market.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors in order to capitalize on market opportunities and to establish a leadership position in the market
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts, including calling on top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Plan and participate in Sales trips and industry related meetings as appropriate to the assigned markets/territories.
- Assist in the annual budgeting plan
- Negotiate with clients and achieves maximum revenue/profit potential while satisfying clients' needs
- Enhance the hotel's community's image by actively participating in associations, events, clubs and boards
- Assume active ownership of assigned sales territory and respond to specific market needs, initiates needed action and suggests to sales leadership any necessary actions
*Part Time and Full Time hours available!*
As a Hair Stylist at Loma de Vida, you will have the opportunity to provide hair services including but not limited to haircuts, blow drying, styling, hair treatments, updos, hair extensions, color applications, highlights, corrective color, relaxers, and perms. You will also provide outstanding service by suggesting products and services to meet the individual needs of each guest. As a Hair Stylist at Loma de Vida, you will exemplify La Cantera Resort and Spa culture while working to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times.
The Fitness Instructor is responsible for conducting multiple fitness classes and assisting the guests in the Health and Fitness Club when not instructing. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, days and evenings, including weekends.
The Fitness Instructor shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. They will be responsible for exemplifying the La Cantera Resort and Spa Culture as the Employer of Choice!